Site Map - UK Students Resource
The Short Version
- We stick to the latest version of the Data Protection Act and are registered under it.
- We'll only contact you for marketing purposes if we have your permission. You can opt out at any time.
- We'll only send you offers from third parties if they're good and we think you'd be interested in them.
- We don't collect data on you unless we have a good reason to.
- We use encryption technology and serious security to keep your data safe.
- Only specially authorised people at Studento can see your data.
- The site might contain ads and links to other sites that have different privacy policies to us. Make sure you check them carefully, because we can't take responsibility for them.
- Other members can't see any of your personal private information through your profile.
- You can change your personal private information through the site at any time. If you want to see what information we hold on you, that's not a problem.
- We may send you updates and news on the site from time to time. You can opt out if you wish.
- If we are planning to share any of your data with somebody who's running a competition, we'll let you know.
- If you've got any questions, email us at dataprotection@Studento.com
Data Protection Act: All information supplied by you to Studento is covered under the Data Protection Act 1998, which makes sure that we use and protect your information in a controlled and legal way.
- You can get general information on Data Protection by clicking here.
- And you can get a copy of the Data Protection Act by clicking here.
From time to time, we may send you offers or promotions from trusted third parties on their behalf, if we think they will be of interest to you. We will only do this if we have your permission, which you can withdraw at any time.
Collection and use of information: We collect personal information from you when you visit our site. This is collected through the use of online forms and through you contacting us. We also collect information automatically about your visit to our site.
We collect and process personal information about you to:
- Understand what you want and provide you with better products, services and information, such as special discounts and deals.
- So that you can contact other Studento members anonymously and safely.
- Manage your account with us, and let you know of important things that affect you (changes to the site or our Terms & Conditions, for example).
- Carrying out research (for example, market research).
- Provide you with personalised information about products and services.
- We will not send your information outside the European Economic Area.
How we protect your information: When you give us personal information by registering on the site, we use state of the art encryption technology. This means that your data is "scrambled" before it is sent to us, and is incredibly safe, as it can only be "unscrambled" by us once we've received it safely. The data you provide us with is stored in secure databases behind software known as "firewalls", and we employ strict security policies to make sure your data remains safe.
Who at Studento can see your information: Only specifically authorised Studento staff and our agents (for example, our website maintenance company) have access to your Personal Information. Their access is controlled by high security passwords.
What others can and cannot see: In the process of joining Studento, you will have provided us with personal information ranging from your name and email address to your photo and where you study. Some of this information will be available to other members through your profile.
None of your Personal Information will be available to other members through your profile. We also encourage you not to give out Personal Information to other members for your own safety.
Changing your data: You can revise any information you have provided to Studento at any time by accessing your details through the edit profile section of "my profile" at any time. If at any point you would like us to destroy your information, you can do this by emailing us at dataprotection@Studento.com
Access your data: If you would like to get access to the data that Studento holds on you, you can do this by emailing us at dataprotection@Studento.com. We make a nominal charge of £10 to cover administration costs.
Promotions, News & Updates: We may occasionally send you news and updates regarding Studento to keep you informed of new services and promotions that are available through the Site. You have the option not to receive these emails and we will provide clear ways of unsubscribing from the mail at the bottom of every one.
Competitions: Studento may occasionally run competitions with third parties. We do not share your information with anyone, unless you specify. This is explicitly done by you through opting in. We will make it clear when this is the case, and you can decide not to enter the competition if you would prefer not to.
|Number of part time students is falling - Wed, 16 Jan 2013|
|Traineeship programmes aim to boost skills of 16 to 24 year olds - Wed, 16 Jan 2013|
|Boost for graduate jobs has been predicted - Wed, 16 Jan 2013|