University GuideFree competitionsStudent EntertainmentStudent NewsStudent TV Media ChannelFree Student StuffStudent Jobs & CareersStudent FinanceStudent AccommodationStudent Humour & JokesStudent ForumStudent Members
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the new Student Forum on Studento.com. Please bear with us as we port all current topic threads across.

Gap year ideas

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Arjun View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Arjun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gap year ideas
    Posted: 02 Dec 2011 at 2:18pm
Anyone got any good UK gap year suggestions?
walee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec 2011 at 11:22pm
Get a good job. Part-time, one off and local jobs are available at thestudentjob.com.
Get part-time local jobs, one off jobs at thestudentjob.com.
philipj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philipj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2012 at 5:19am
You can do a job in UK during your gap years.You can do full time or part time job in UK or you can work from home.It depends on you which type of job you prefer to do.
work in usa
bigdavey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdavey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb 2012 at 2:49pm
Are you interested in travelling?  I travelled and volunteered in Central America on my gap year and it was an amazing experience, I'd recommend it to anyone.  It can be a bit daunting to do something like that on your own so I went with a friend but met plenty of people who were travelling on their own and loving the freedom it brought them!
BeckyK73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeckyK73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Mar 2012 at 11:22pm

Hey everyone, hope you are all well. I am a student at Brighton University, and I am studying the motivation to volunteer within a gap year. If anyone has volunteered during a gap year or travelling would you please fill out a questionnaire that will take no longer than 10 -15 minutes. I would be very grateful, Thank you :) 

Becky

http://kwiksurveys.com/?s=LHJLJG_cedcc77d
myassignment View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myassignment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 7:19am
Gaping year is not good in education most of university and best college not give the admission if you are a gap year student so not take gap in study please study continuously It is best for you and your carrier.

help with assignment  
CGH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CGH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2012 at 10:14am
I have been using Milkround.com for career information and to look for a job. I thought you may like to use Milkround.com too. Its completely free and has:

-100s of internships and graduate jobs
-Employers from all industries and sectors
-CV, application and interview advice
-Latest student and graduate news
-Industry Guides and What Can I do With My Degree pages

You can register with Milkround, just follow this link:

http://www.milkround.com/r6339182 

Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myassignment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2012 at 5:05am
My according Gap year is not good for the student. Gap year student not have the equal to the value as compare to the regular study student in each field. If you want to join a MNC company then you study regular.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myassignment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 9:46am
Do something else for a year to study to take out your skills, confidence and can do wonders for CV. Many college students are taking a gap year before starting university, but you can take any time. Gap is important to do something else from own study.

Assignment Helper || Buy Assignment || Dissertation Writing Help || Assignment writing Service
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myassignment Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 8:18am
Gap Year is having both advantage as well as disadvantage.

Advantage of Gap year.

1. You can learn extra ordinary things(courses) that is not in your syllabus.
2. You can do part time jobs and take rest if you feed up from study.

Disadvantages :--

1. If you are a gap year then you are not selected in MNC companies in campus selection.
2. And one year is big gap. You have been far from study so you have take time for come again on track of study.

Buy Assignment
|| Assignment Writer || Help Me With My Assignment

Edited by myassignment - 19 Sep 2012 at 8:20am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic